During this lockdown if you managed to hoard onto some snacks like Kurkure, namkeen, etc. then you are in luck with this one! Don’t worry if you didn’t, it works without these as well. This has had been one of the go to snacks for a friends get-together. Simple to make with loads of protein and perfect for satisfying an Indian snack craving!
- Chickpeas (Kabuli Chana) – 1 handful/ person
- Onion/ tomato/ green chili – ½/1/1 per person (you can vary each per your liking)
- Savory snack – Kurkure, matthi, any other namkeen
- Chat masala
- Salt/ pepper to taste
- Soak Chickpeas overnight in water – at least take 4x water
- Once soaked, put chickpeas to boil in a pressure cooker. Use the water they were soaked in
- Make sure that the water level in the pressure cooker is at least 2-3 cm above the level of chickpeas
- After the 1st whistle, turn the flame to low. Let it boil for another 12-13 mins.
- Once done, keep aside and let it cook without releasing the pressure
- Now, finely chop the onions/ tomatoes/ green chilies into a bowl
- Once the pressure from the cooker is released, strain chickpeas and add then to the vegetables
- Squeeze lemon, add ½ tea-spoon chat masala and salt/ pepper to taste
- Mix well and add the savory snack of your choice
- Mix again. Garnish with chopped coriander if you feel like 😊
Your healthy, high protein meal is ready to go!!